What Are Google Posts?
Sep 25, 2017
Google Posts is a feature that was introduced by search giant Google in the summer of this year, 2017.
The feature allows businesses to post messages direct to the knowledge panel and maps.
Here is what it looks like :
Google says this give businesses the ability to:
- Share daily specials or current promotions that encourage new and existing customers to take advantage of your offers.
- Promote events and tell customers about upcoming happenings at your location.
- Showcase your top products and highlight new arrivals.
- Choose one of the available options to connect with your customers directly from your Google listing: give them a one-click path to make a reservation, sign up for a newsletter, learn more about latest offers, or even buy a specific product from your website.
We have been testing this feature for a while and have come up with a few top tips that may help you out :
- Use Google posts to highlight offers, sales and promotions etc. Do not add a pile of keywords thinking it will impact your ranking, it won't. ( We have tried this ).
- The best size of image to use is 750 x 750.
- The first 100 characters only show up in the knowledge panel so make sure these count to grab the user searching attention.
- If you are adding multiple posts, remember, the newest ones will show first.
- The posts have unique URL's. By clicking on the post and then share, you will find a custom URL.
- Post as often as you can. All posts expire within seven days.
- We understand that businesses with a 'hotel' category, currently do not have the option to use posts.